Image Map

Friday, September 30, 2011

Cruisin' fools

Before we got married, J and I hadn’t really taken any vacations together. Sure, we did weekend trips to Orlando, but really that was about it. He went to Vegas with a buddy after we first started dating and I took a girls trip (and first plane ride!) to Boston a few years ago, but we had never done any real traveling or vacationing, together.

We did get to take a cruise for our honeymoon, thanks to Jason’s mom and one of his sister’s, however. We’re hoping to keep the tradition of taking a trip for our anniversary going for as long as we can.

And so, in keeping with our new "tradition", we have booked our next cruise/one year anniversary trip!! I’m excited to say hubs and I will be sailing on the Carnival Destiny going to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and Grand Cayman Island, in March 2012! It’s a little bit before our anniversary, but that’s just the way the timing worked out. I am so ridiculously excited, I can’t even express!



Carnival Destiny...Is it March yet?!

 
Our honeymoon was four days cruisin’ in the Bahamas, but we were so friggin’ exhausted from all of our wedding festivities (pre-wedding party, rehearsal, day of and after-party at the Hard Rock) that we basically slept the first two days on board. This time, we’ll have five days to cruise and will rest up beforehand, to enjoy it that much more. Did I mention, I am excited?!
 
This is our first new tradition as a family (and I think it’s a good one, if I do say so, myself!).

What kind of new traditions do you have with your better half?

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Bf & I are taking our first cruise in Dec aboard the Carnival Ecstasy from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas.

    Hope you have fun! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamaica rocks! I wish that was our tradition! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamaica rocks! I wish that was our tradition! HA!

    ReplyDelete